Love that Kunafa....

My love for kunafa is quite old, probably has something to do with my ex-roommate being from Lebanon! :)

Of course we can find many Arabic sweets shops here in U.A.E., such as Qaidar Nabulsim Samadi Feras in Sharjah, but I am looking for a particular type: the one that bake fresh - just for you!!

Turkish Kunafa - Istanbul
The first time I tasted it was in Istanbul, shown above. It was just heavenly.

I have tried to find these here in UAE: there is a UAE version of the kunafa available at MUSK Restaurant. the taste is OK, nothing to lose my sleep over (and their name still being a mystery) . There is another one that I have yet to try, just saw their add: Wadi Raidan Mandi - they sale Yemeni Kunafa...never thought it'd be possible :)

So, let me know if you find any good restaurants...

Comments