Holland (1):To Amsterdam,

I visited holland, with my wife, last April. It was pretty cold still.

Personally, I did not like Amsterdam as much as the the other ciites I have visited in Europe, most probably because I think it is trying to get young crowd who'd love to get some hands on the legal drugs, get drunk and spend some time in the the red-light district. Or perhaps it was cold simply, and I was comparing Amsterdam with Paris, and it wasn't fair!

The main city is not very huge. Try to stay close to the station or at least inside the outer canal. The most 'happening place' is the Leidseplein.

You can find a map of Amsterdam Here.

The Canal Bus is a good way to see the city. The 24 hr ticket is for about 13 Euros and you can hop-on/hop-off any time.

Some useful sites about attractions in Holland/Netherland:

Things to do

About.com

Walking Tours

National Geography

Comments