Nando's at Al Qasba, Sharjah



Its been a while since I posted anything here, so here goes nothing. I am also reluctant to post any negative reviews for any place. Which means, anything you see here has my recommendation, not that it means anything!

I went for our usual Thursday night-out yesterday with some of my colleagues. And as the weather was pretty good, I opted for a walk at Al-Qasba, Sharjah (even though it's quite at a distance from where I live).



Most of you are already familiar with the Nando's: South Africa restaurant chain with a Portuguese/Mozambiquan theme [UAE website]. They specialize in chicken dishes made with their special ingredient: peri-peri! You can decide on how spicy you want your order to be: ranging from Firey hot to Lemon and Herbs. But the peri-peri does produce a very good taste and the very good aroma that surrounds this place.

To be quite honest, the menu isn't all that extensive. This is the second time I ate at the Nando's, and coincidentally I ordered the same dish: Chicken Quarter piece (around AED 30). You have a choice of two side dishes from: fries, rice, and coleslaw. They offer very tasty/spicy sauces, which I would really recommend; and I bought one for me-self as well.

There are a more than one branches in Dubai, but I think they have only in Sharjah and the atmosphere here is pretty decent, especially if you want to sit outside [no family enclosure here though :( ]



I am next thinking of going to Chili's as I know some people like it a lot :)
Any suggestion as to what I should try there!

Comments

Salam Kh said…
indeed their sauces are very tastey, we got it form carrefour!
Myself.. said…
Ooo..I like the wild-herb peri peri! I think the Nando's in Pakistan has extended their menu to adapt locally and it's quite good. Have made a couple of different dishes at home and they turned out great.

Head to Chilli's only if u've had your fill of *spice* :)
Recommendation time:
Try one of the sizzling fajitas
Or one of the steaks if ur a meat person (i've heard they r good)
The guiltless grills are actually nice if ur watching what u eat (hahaha!!)
Finally, whether you have a sweet tooth or not, you have to go 4 the molten chocolate cake :-D
I J said…
Thanks,
i tried the wild-herb peri peri but I prefer the Garlic peri peri (if that is its name)! It tastes really good.
I J said…
well I finally tried the Nando's at the Karachi (Clifton branch).
Unfortunately, i wasn't able to pick out the 'Pakistani' touch. It had the same good taste.

One thing different that i tried was the Peri Bites; i don't know if they have it in UAE or not. These was really cool, or hot if i may say so; they can rename it to: 'cheesy pakoras' :)

Fortunately, the other good thing here is that their prices are not as hig: 1/4 chicken piece is just 8 AED!!

Stocked some of the sauces for the Ramadan! :)